SALAD OF WINTER BEETS:
Served with roasted pork belly, goat cheese mousse, frisee greens and a sherry vinaigrette.
- Dice all beets.
- Toss with salt, pepper and oil.
- Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees.
- Season pork belly with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven at 250 degrees for 6 hours.
- Let chill overnight and cut into small pieces.
- Reheat over medium heat in a pan with a little oil.
Goat Cheese Mousse
- 1/2lb fresh goat cheese.
- 1/4 cup heavy cream.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- In a mixer with the paddle attachment whip the heavy cream and goat cheese together.
- 1 cup sherry vinegar.
- 4 ounces of honey.
- 5 ounces of olive oil.
- Salt and pepper.