Avondale residents displaced after house fire

Crews on scene of reported fire at 3591 Vine Street
Crews on scene of reported fire at 3591 Vine Street

AVONDALE, OH (FOX19) - Some residents in Avondale were displaced from their home after a fire on Friday afternoon.

Emergency calls were made by neighbors around 2:15 p.m., reporting smoke from a home at 3591 Vine Street.

First responders found heavy smoke coming from the attic and roof area of the house. Crews say the blaze was under control within thirty minutes.

No injuries were reported.

According to authorities, the fire started in the soffits, eaves and the roof. The cause of the fire was a roofer's torch.

The damage is estimated at $30,000.

Copyright 2012 WXIX. All rights reserved.