(FOX19) - The Versailles Post of the Indiana State Police is reporting slick, hazardous and snow-covered roadways on Wednesday.
Troopers along with county and local law enforcement have responded to slide offs and minor crashes all morning. Travel conditions are expected to worsen as the snow continues to fall throughout the day and into the overnight with expected increase in wind speeds.
A truck overturned early Wednesday morning on EB I-74 near Batesville. That accident has now been cleared.
Indiana drivers are being urged to stay off the roads. Indiana State Police said citizens should avoid driving, "unless the trip is absolutely necessary."
Indiana State Police are advising the following:
- Don't call police to check on road conditions. Indiana agencies want to keep phone lines open for emergency calls.
- For up-to-date Indiana travel information, visit www.trafficwise.IN.gov or call 1 (800) 261-ROAD.
- If you do have to drive, make sure your cell phone is fully charged and working.
- Those involved in a crash with no injuries and drivable vehicles should move to a safe area to exchange information.
- During severe weather, law enforcement will be busy responding to emergency calls, unable to take reports of crashes with only damage to property.
- Abandoned vehicles along interstate and state road right-of-ways will be subject to immediate removal during severe weather.