SPRING GROVE VILLAGE (FOX19) - Two people are injured following a chemical flash fire at a plant early Friday morning.
The fire happened around 3:30 a.m. at Environmental Enterprises, Inc. near Spring Grove and Station Avenues.
Officials say that the fire was a result of the shredding of a contaminated filter, which sparked a friction fire and turned into a flash fire.
A four-person night crew was inside of the plant at the time of the fire.
Two people were transported to University Hospital with injuries, one being in critical condition.
No firefighters were injured.
Crews were particularly cautious while battling the flames due to the presence of sodium-chlorite, a water-reactive chemical.
The air quality within the plant has been checked and cleared, and employees are back to work.