Dog rescued from apartment fire

MT. AIRY, OH (FOX19) - An apartment fire broke out in College Hill Saturday evening.

Initial arriving fire crews reported that fire was showing from the first floor of a three-story apartment building at 4916 Hawaiian Terrace.

Fire crews were able to contain and quickly extinguish the fire.

No injuries have been reported.

According to reports, a dog was rescued from the fire due to the quick action of the responding fire fighters.

The cause of the fire has been determined as combustibles too close to a heating source. Neighbors reported hearing smoke alarms prior to the fire.

Damage has been estimated at $15 thousand.

Copyright 2012 WXIX. All rights reserved.