Steubenville rape video sparks new outrage - Cincinnati News, Weather, Sports from FOX19 NOW-WXIX

Steubenville rape video sparks new outrage

Alleged picture of rape victim being carried out by suspects Alleged picture of rape victim being carried out by suspects
STEUBENVILLE, OH (WOIO) -

A disgusting video is at the heart of a rape investigation in Steubenville, Ohio. 

A young Ohio girl was allegedly raped last summer in the southeast Ohio town. Prosecutors say the assault took place on Aug. 11 and early the next morning.

Earlier this week, a 12 minute cell phone video surfaced showing Steubenville High schoolers sitting around talking about an intoxicated 16-year-old girl who's passed out, been urinated on, and possibly raped.

"They raped her quicker than Mike Tyson raped that one girl," said a teen on the video talking about the rape.

The vigilante group, known as Anonymous, hacked and posted the video. They've also posted a picture saying who the girl is. The legitimacy of the photo has not yet been confirmed.

The video has recently sparked new nationwide outrage as the rape case moves forward.

The Ohio Attorney General is now involved making sure all responsible parties are held accountable, in a tiny town where football is king.

"It is being aggressively prosecuted, and our offices has been asked to prosecute it as well as asked to investigate it," said Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine.

So far, two teenage boys have been arrested and charged with rape. The boys play football at Steubenville High School.

Their trial is set to start next month. 

Copyright 2013 WOIO. All rights reserved.

  • FOX19 HeadlinesMore>>

  • Minnesota prosecutor won't file charges in Prince's death

    Minnesota prosecutor won't file charges in Prince's death

    Thursday, April 19 2018 12:42 AM EDT2018-04-19 04:42:26 GMT
    Thursday, April 19 2018 3:02 PM EDT2018-04-19 19:02:35 GMT
    (AP Photo/Chris O'Meara, File). FILE - In this Feb. 4, 2007 file photo, Prince performs during halftime of the Super Bowl XLI football game in Miami. Minnesota prosecutors are planning an announcement Thursday, April 19, 2018, in their two-year investi...(AP Photo/Chris O'Meara, File). FILE - In this Feb. 4, 2007 file photo, Prince performs during halftime of the Super Bowl XLI football game in Miami. Minnesota prosecutors are planning an announcement Thursday, April 19, 2018, in their two-year investi...

    A two-year probe into the overdose death of music superstar Prince is reaching a critical stage as a county prosecutor reveals whether criminal charges will be filed.

    Full Story >

    A two-year probe into the overdose death of music superstar Prince is reaching a critical stage as a county prosecutor reveals whether criminal charges will be filed.

    Full Story >
  • Southwest Airlines sought more time for engine inspections

    Southwest Airlines sought more time for engine inspections

    Thursday, April 19 2018 1:02 AM EDT2018-04-19 05:02:22 GMT
    Thursday, April 19 2018 2:54 PM EDT2018-04-19 18:54:44 GMT
    (NTSB via AP). National Transportation Safety Board investigators examine damage to the engine of the Southwest Airlines plane that made an emergency landing at Philadelphia International Airport in Philadelphia on Tuesday, April 17, 2018. The Southwes...(NTSB via AP). National Transportation Safety Board investigators examine damage to the engine of the Southwest Airlines plane that made an emergency landing at Philadelphia International Airport in Philadelphia on Tuesday, April 17, 2018. The Southwes...

    The Federal Aviation Administration's announcement late Wednesday comes nearly a year after the engine's manufacturer recommended the additional inspections, and a month after European regulators ordered their airlines to do the work.

    Full Story >

    The Federal Aviation Administration's announcement late Wednesday comes nearly a year after the engine's manufacturer recommended the additional inspections, and a month after European regulators ordered their airlines to do the work.

    Full Story >
  • Trump leaves open possibility of bailing on meeting with Kim

    Trump leaves open possibility of bailing on meeting with Kim

    Thursday, April 19 2018 12:52 AM EDT2018-04-19 04:52:34 GMT
    Thursday, April 19 2018 2:56 PM EDT2018-04-19 18:56:16 GMT
    (AP Photo/Pablo Martinez Monsivais). President Donald Trump speaks to members of the media during a working lunch with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, at Trump's private Mar-a-Lago club, Wednesday, April 18, 2018, in Palm Beach, Fla.(AP Photo/Pablo Martinez Monsivais). President Donald Trump speaks to members of the media during a working lunch with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, at Trump's private Mar-a-Lago club, Wednesday, April 18, 2018, in Palm Beach, Fla.

    "If I think that if it's a meeting that is not going to be fruitful we're not going to go. If the meeting when I'm there is not fruitful I will respectfully leave the meeting," Trump told a news conference.

    Full Story >

    "If I think that if it's a meeting that is not going to be fruitful we're not going to go. If the meeting when I'm there is not fruitful I will respectfully leave the meeting," Trump told a news conference.

    Full Story >
Powered by Frankly