A second person who was injured in a University Heights fire on New Year's Day has died. A statement was released Monday morning on a Facebook page for Ellen Garner: It is with absolutely broken heartsFull Story >
A second University of Cincinnati student has died after a house fire on New Year's Day in University Heights. Services are scheduled for Friday in Tipp City, Ohio. Full Story >
A victim in a University Heights house fire died on Monday. Chad Kohls, 21, passed away from injuries he received during a fire on New Year's Day. Police were called to a reported blaze in the 2800 blockFull Story >
The visitation for Chad Kohls is scheduled for Friday from 4 to 7 p.m. at Fairhaven Church, located at 637 E. Whipp Road in Centerville. The service will follow immediately after, also at the church. Full Story >
Fire crews are on the scene of a fire in Clifton. It's happening right now in the 2800 block of Digby Avenue. Dispatchers tell FOX19 that there are some injuries but the extent of those injuries is notFull Story >
We now know the names of two young adults who were badly injured when a multi-family home caught fire near UC's campus. Full Story >
UNIVERSITY HEIGHTS, OH (FOX19) -
The family of a University of Cincinnati student who was critically injured in a fire on Digby Street has issued a statement.
Ellen Garner, 20, and Chad Kohls, 21, remain hospitalized at University of Cincinnati Medical Center.
Garner's family issued the following statement through the hospital on Monday morning:
The family of Ellen Garner, the 20 year old UC student, who was critically injured in the January 1st house fire near the University of Cincinnati campus, wishes to thank President Santa Ono and the University of Cincinnati for their kind and generous support of our family during this stressful time as well as the medical staff at UC Medical Center.
Garner suffered from smoke inhalation due to the fire. The cause is believed to be a space heater that was too close to bedding.