Monday, January 14 2013 10:37 PM EST2013-01-15 03:37:14 GMT
A second person who was injured in a University Heights fire on New Year's Day has died. A statement was released Monday morning on a Facebook page for Ellen Garner: It is with absolutely broken heartsFull Story >
A second University of Cincinnati student has died after a house fire on New Year's Day in University Heights. Services are scheduled for Friday in Tipp City, Ohio. Full Story >
Monday, January 7 2013 10:27 AM EST2013-01-07 15:27:25 GMT
The family of a University of Cincinnati student who was critically injured in a fire on Digby Street has issued a statement. Ellen Garner, 20, and Chad Kohls, 21, remain hospitalized at University ofFull Story >
The family of a University of Cincinnati student who was critically injured in a fire on Digby Street has issued a statement.Full Story >
Thursday, January 3 2013 6:18 PM EST2013-01-03 23:18:28 GMT
Fire crews are on the scene of a fire in Clifton. It's happening right now in the 2800 block of Digby Avenue. Dispatchers tell FOX19 that there are some injuries but the extent of those injuries is notFull Story >
We now know the names of two young adults who were badly injured when a multi-family home caught fire near UC's campus. Full Story >
Wednesday, July 23 2014 8:23 PM EDT2014-07-24 00:23:17 GMT
The U.S. Supreme Court cleared the way for Arizona to carry out its third execution in the past year Wednesday following a closely watched First Amendment fight over the secrecy surrounding lethal injection drugs.Full Story >
A condemned Arizona inmate gasped and snorted for more than an hour and a half during his execution Wednesday before he died in an episode sure to add to the scrutiny surrounding the death penalty in the U.S.Full Story >
Wednesday, July 23 2014 7:29 PM EDT2014-07-23 23:29:05 GMT
The Senate Veterans Affairs Committee has endorsed former Procter & Gamble CEO Robert McDonald to be the new secretary of the Department of Veterans Affairs.Full Story >
The chairman of the Senate Veterans' Affairs Committee said Wednesday there is still time for Congress to approve a landmark bill to improve health care services for veterans, despite deep disagreement over how much...Full Story >
Wednesday, July 23 2014 7:27 PM EDT2014-07-23 23:27:22 GMT
The city of Hamilton is looking at a $25,000 way to fight back against vandalism problems plaguing some its parks. Full Story >
Hamilton is looking at a $25,000 way to fight back against vandalism problems plaguing some its parks. Full Story >
Funeral arrangements have been made for the victim in a University Heights house fire.
Chad Kohls, 21, of Centerville passed away on Monday from injuries he received during a fire on New Year's Day.
The visitation is scheduled for Friday from 4 to 7 p.m. at Fairhaven Church, located at 637 E. Whipp Road in Centerville. The service will follow immediately after, also at the church.
On New Year's Day around 6:50 a.m., police were called to a reported blaze in the 2800 block of Digby Street. Officials say the fire started in the second floor bedroom of a three multi-family floor home, caused by an electric space heater sitting to close to a bed.
Ellen Garner, 20 and Chad Kohls, 21, were sleeping on the third floor when the fire broke out and were trapped by the smoke. The pair suffered smoke inhalation and were taken to UC Medical Center (UCMC).
On Monday, Kohl's family released this statement following his death:
"At approximately 4:30 pm today our beautiful son, Chad, passed from this life to the next. Chad had a huge heart. He was a wonderful person who loved people loved us and we loved him very much in return. We appreciate all the prayers and support and ask that the media please honor our request for privacy at this time to allow us to grieve with our loved ones. Thank you."
Kohls was an '09 graduate of Centerville High School and a senior marketing major at the University of Cincinnati.
Authorities say Garner is still in critical condition at UCMC.
There were a total of seven people in the house at the time of the fire. Crews at the scene told our reporter that there were working smoke detectors in the home.
Scientists unveiled an unprecedented new look at our planet at night.Full Story >
Scientists unveiled an unprecedented new look at our planet at night. A global composite image, constructed using cloud-free night images from a new NASA and National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) satellite, shows the glow of natural and human-built phenomena across the planet in greater detail than ever before.Full Story >
BRADENTON BEACH, FL (WFLX) - People are outraged after a Florida couple was caught having sex on a public beach Sunday afternoon in front of dozens of people including children. Bradenton Beach policeFull Story >
People are outraged after a Florida couple was caught having sex on a public beach Sunday afternoon in front of dozens of people including children.Full Story >
Monday, July 21 2014 8:22 AM EDT2014-07-21 12:22:54 GMT
State officials issued an ultimatum at East Fork State Park last month, saying swimming in the lake is at your own risk. The Ohio Department of Natural Resources found the lake to have 3,000%Full Story >
State officials issued an ultimatum at East Fork State Park last month, saying swimming in the lake is at your own risk. Full Story >
Wednesday, July 23 2014 8:10 AM EDT2014-07-23 12:10:49 GMT
A man walked into the Engine 5 firehouse in Over-the-Rhine Wednesday morning, saying he was shot. He was transported to University of Cincinnati Hospital Medical Center but his identity and conditionFull Story >
A man walked into the Engine 5 firehouse in Over-the-Rhine Wednesday morning, saying he was shot.Full Story >