RIVERSIDE (FOX19) - Crews were called to an apartment fire in Riverside on Thursday evening.
Firefighters responded to a reported blaze near the 4500 block of Allenham Street, and found an apartment over a garage in flames.
Authorities on scene said a couple and their children were living in the apartment and were able to escape safely.
According to fire crews on scene, an electric space heater had been knocked over and caught nearby window drapes on fire.
No injuries were reported, and no cars were in the garage below.
The fire is estimated at $45,000 in damage. Crews say the apartment was completely destroyed but the garage below is still intact.