Electrical fire leaves Covington man homeless Friday night - Cincinnati News, FOX19-WXIX TV

Electrical fire leaves Covington man homeless

Posted: Updated:
COVINGTON, KENTUCKY (FOX19) -

A Covington man is left homeless after a fire ravaged his house.

The fire broke out on Friday evening on Bond Street in West Covington.

The fire started when a man was cleaning woodwork near an electrical outlet. Officials say the man was cleaning with steel wool and solvents near the outlet. Sparks caused while cleaning ignited the fire.

As fire crews arrived to put out the fire, it was discovered that the fire spread into the house's electrical system. Firefighters had to stall their efforts until Duke Energy could turn off the power.

The house sustained heavy damage. No one was injured in the incident

Copyright 2013 WXIX. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow