Crews quickly extinguish Madisonville fire - Cincinnati News, FOX19-WXIX TV

Crews quickly extinguish Madisonville fire

Posted: Updated:
  • FOX19 HeadlinesMore>>

  • Creeping landslide devouring part of Wyoming town

    Creeping landslide devouring part of Wyoming town

    Saturday, April 19 2014 5:52 PM EDT2014-04-19 21:52:46 GMT
    A sudden lurch in a creeping landslide in the northwest Wyoming resort town of Jackson split a house in two and forced workers to abandon efforts to stabilize the hillside.Full Story >
    No one can say precisely when the mountainside collapsing into this Wyoming resort town will give way. But it appears increasingly likely that when it does, it's going to take a piece of Jackson with it.Full Story >
  • Your Week in Viral Videos: Dyed eggs and dead technology

    Your Week in Viral Videos: Dyed eggs and dead technology

    Saturday, April 19 2014 5:41 PM EDT2014-04-19 21:41:28 GMT
    (RNN) – Easter is Sunday, and you’ve probably dyed a few eggs or know someone who has.Make sure you remember where you hid them, because you don’t want to come across them in July and have an unfortunate smell to deal with.Eggs will get their annual day in the sun Monday at the White House Easter Egg Roll, which is being protested by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.PETA doesn’t have a problem with rolling eggs, but it does have a problem with those eggs coming from chickens, so, i...Full Story >
    (RNN) – Easter is Sunday, and you’ve probably dyed a few eggs or know someone who has.Make sure you remember where you hid them, because you don’t want to come across them in July and have an unfortunate smell to deal with.Eggs will get their annual day in the sun Monday at the White House Easter Egg Roll, which is being protested by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.PETA doesn’t have a problem with rolling eggs, but it does have a problem with those eggs coming from chickens, so, i...Full Story >
MADISONVILLE, OH (FOX19) -

Fire crews quickly extinguished a fire in Madisonville that occurred late Tuesday night.

Crews were called to the 5800 block of Chandler around 11:30 p.m.

The occupant stated there was smoke coming from the attic area of her single family dwelling. Initial arriving fire crews reported light smoke on the second floor of the two story dwelling.

After opening the ceiling area fire crews discovered a small fire, which had extended into the attic. The fire was quickly extinguished without incident.

There were no reported injuries to civilian or firefighters. However, two occupants were displaced and the damage is estimated at $10,000. The cause of the fire is due to an electrical short circuit.

Copyright 2013 WXIX. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow