Unattended stove cause of Walnut Hills fire Wednesday evening - Cincinnati News, FOX19-WXIX TV

2 adults, 2 kids displaced by fire in Walnut Hills

Posted: Updated:
WALNUT HILLS (FOX19) -

Emergency crews were called to a reported house fire in Walnut Hills on Wednesday.

Authorities say a fire broke out at a residence in the 2200 block of Iowa Avenue around 7:45 p.m. Fire crews say the blaze was confined to the kitchen and loft area of the apartment.

According to authorities, the cause was determined to be grease left unattended on the stove.

Two adults and two children were displaced by the fire and are being assisted by the Red Cross.

In total, 32 firefighters reported to the scene. No one was injured.

Damage is estimated at $10,000.

Copyright 2013 WXIX. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow