BUTLER COUNTY, OH (FOX19) - Officers arrested 18 suspects on Wednesday following an undercover drug investigation in Butler County.
Authorities say a lengthy, undercover investigation was completed by the Butler Undercover Regional Narcotics (BURN) Taskforce, targeting marijuana, prescription drug and heroin abusers.
Secret indictments were handed down by the court against several people from Middletown, Hamilton, Fairfield, Liberty Township, West Chester and Preble County.
The following suspects were arrested during the drug warrant round-up:
- Kenneth Baker - Fraudulent drug advertising
- Barbara J. Bellamy - Drug trafficking & drug possession
- Mandy Childers - Two counts of drug trafficking
- April Flannery - Drug trafficking
- Quentrell Heard - Permitting drug abuse
- Victoria Heard - Permitting drug abuse & drug trafficking
- Casey Kilgore - Drug Trafficking & drug possession
- Lynn Ledford - Aggravated drug trafficking & aggravated possession
- Marti Lingar - Drug trafficking & drug possession
- Brandi Meyer - Two counts of fraudulent drug advertising
- Chris Murray - Drug trafficking
- Willie Prater - Two counts of both drug trafficking & drug possession
- Sarah M. Stewart - Drug trafficking
- Dan Thomas - Drug trafficking & aggravated possession
- David Tipton - Aggravated drug trafficking
- Roy Dean Lester Jr. - Drug trafficking & drug possession
- James Butler - Drug possession
- Joseph Simms - Drug possession & drug trafficking
Butler County Sheriff Richard Jones tweeted about the arrests on Wednesday:
"@ButlerSheriff: My undercover BURN Agents arrested 18 felony drug dealers on secret indictments. This will put another major dent in drug trafficking in B.C."
Authorities say the round-up developed new information, leading to a search warrant in the 100 block of North 7th Street in Hamilton. Agents seized approximately 6 grams of heroin, marijuana, pills, needles, scales and several hundred dollars in cash during the raid.