19 years with Chrys Peterson - Cincinnati News, Weather, Sports from FOX19 NOW-WXIX

19 years with Chrys Peterson

(Toledo News Now) -

Nineteen years ago today I sat at the WTOL anchor desk for the very first time to anchor the 6 & 11 p.m. news with Jeff Heitz.

That's nearly two decades working here at WTOL! Jeff retired long ago, it's not the same desk, and let's face it - I'm not the same girl I was when I started all those years ago. There are a few more wrinkles, a few more pounds and probably a few more gray hairs (only my hairdresser knows for sure!). But I am a much better person for having moved to Toledo all those years ago.

You all welcomed me with open arms and Toledo has grown to be my home. I met my husband here, got married, had a daughter, and you all have walked every step of the journey with me.

I marvel at what we've accomplished together as a community to make this a better place to live: We've grown our Northwest Ohio Race for the Cure from 600 to 20,000 participants, we've raised awareness and money for autism resources and services, we shined the light on a childhood cancer cluster in Clyde and Green Springs, we've helped hundreds of foster children find a "Home for Keeps" - just to name a few.

I've had amazing opportunities here: Flying with the Blue Angels, singing with the Beach Boys, appearing on "As the World Turns," interviewing Presidents and First Ladies, Captain Kangaroo, David Letterman and other interesting big names. I've also had the privilege of telling the everyday, remarkable stories of people here in northwest Ohio.

Thank you for trusting me to tell those stories. Thank you for giving me and my family so much over the years. I look forward to having more storytelling opportunities and to meeting more of you in the years to come - however many that may be! ;-)

Copyright 2013 Toledo News Now. All rights reserved.

The Latest: Bills trade up to No. 7, get QB Josh Allen

Thursday, April 26 2018 6:31 PM EDT2018-04-26 22:31:36 GMT
    Thursday, April 26 2018 9:13 PM EDT2018-04-27 01:13:49 GMT
    (AP Photo/Tom R. Smedes, File). FILE - In this Oct. 22, 2016, file photo, Wyoming quarterback Josh Allen reacts after scoring a touchdown in the second half of an NCAA college football game against Nevada in Reno, Nev. Allen is expected to be a first r...(AP Photo/Tom R. Smedes, File). FILE - In this Oct. 22, 2016, file photo, Wyoming quarterback Josh Allen reacts after scoring a touchdown in the second half of an NCAA college football game against Nevada in Reno, Nev. Allen is expected to be a first r...
    The NFL has renewed an exclusive partnership with Amazon Prime Video for digital streaming of Thursday night games during 2018 and 2019 seasons.Full Story >

Trump's Cohen comments raise questions about relationship

Thursday, April 26 2018 9:18 AM EDT2018-04-26 13:18:48 GMT
    Thursday, April 26 2018 9:13 PM EDT2018-04-27 01:13:07 GMT
    President Donald Trump says his personal attorney Michael Cohen represents him 'with this crazy Stormy Daniels deal' and that 'from what I see he did absolutely nothing wrong.' (Source: CNN)President Donald Trump says his personal attorney Michael Cohen represents him 'with this crazy Stormy Daniels deal' and that 'from what I see he did absolutely nothing wrong.' (Source: CNN)

President Donald Trump says his personal attorney Michael Cohen represents him "with this crazy Stormy Daniels deal" and that "from what I see he did absolutely nothing wrong."

At hearings, EPA chief seeks to divert blame for ethics woes

Thursday, April 26 2018 12:53 AM EDT2018-04-26 04:53:54 GMT
    Thursday, April 26 2018 9:12 PM EDT2018-04-27 01:12:45 GMT
    (AP Photo/Alex Brandon). Protesters listen to speakers talk about EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt and the state of the EPA during a protest by the American Federation of Government Employees union, Wednesday, April 25, 2018, in Washington.(AP Photo/Alex Brandon). Protesters listen to speakers talk about EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt and the state of the EPA during a protest by the American Federation of Government Employees union, Wednesday, April 25, 2018, in Washington.

Environmental Protection Agency chief Scott Pruitt faces potentially make-or-break hearings on Capitol Hill, where he is expected to face questions about spending and ethics scandals that have triggered bipartisan calls for his ouster.