CINCINNATI, OH (FOX19) - The Cincinnati Bengals signed nine college free agents on Tuesday, one of which is a product of Wyoming High School.
The players signed with the Bengals after the NFL draft weekend and will compete to stay on the team until training camp.
Three players have local connections in high school or college. DT Larry Black played at Indiana and went to Wyoming High School. WR Roy Roundtree played at Michigan and is originally from Trotwood, Ohio. WR Tyrone Goard, from Charleston W. Va., played at Eastern Kentucky.
The following players were signed:
- Larry Black, DT, 6-2, 302; Indiana; Wyoming, Ohio
- Terrence Brown, CB, 5-11, 176; Stanford; Torrance, Calif.
- Travis Chappelear, DT, 6-5, 263; Northwest Missouri State; Urbana, Mo.
- Jayson DiManche, LB, 6-1, 232; Southern Illinois; Hamilton, N.J.
- Tyrone Goard, WR, 6-4, 205; Eastern Kentucky; Charleston, W. Va.
- Roy Roundtree, WR, 6-1, 180; Michigan; Trotwood, Ohio
- Troy Stoudermire, CB, 5-10, 199; Minnesota; Dallas, Texas
- John Sullen, G, 6-6; 332; Auburn; Auburn, Ala.
- Bruce Taylor, LB, 6-1, 237; Virginia Tech; Riceboro, Ga.
Bengals officials say the new signees will have their first practice with the team on May 10-12, during the minicamp for rookies and eligible first-year players at Paul Brown Stadium.
The list is not final and the Bengals could add more players before camp.