McDonald's deep fryer catches fire in Colerain

COLERAIN, OH (FOX19) - Crews were called to a reported fire on Thursday at the McDonald's restaurant near Northgate Mall.

Authorities say a deep fryer inside the building caught fire, located at 3624 Springdale Road. It happened around 7 a.m.

The restaurant evacuated the restaurant, and fire officials say the first was extinguished relatively quickly.

However, damage to the fryer and ventilation system caused the McDonald's to close for several hours.

The cause of the fire was determined to be accidental, as a valve was mistakenly opened during cleaning procedures. 

No injuries were reported.

Damaged is estimated at over $40,000 for replacement costs of the fryer and ventilation system.

Copyright 2013 WXIX. All rights reserved.