UPTOWN (FOX19) - Multiple businesses and non-profits throughout Cincinnati's Uptown area were recognized on Friday for their success.
Together, Avondale, Clifton, CUF (Clifton Hts., University Hts., Fairview), Corryville and Mt. Auburn make up the area.
Uptown Consortium, the local non-profit development corporation dedicated to the area's development, held its second annual Uptown Business Celebration on Friday.
The Consortium awarded winners in five categories:
- Uptown Small Nonprofit of the Year - Clifton Heights Community Urban Redevelopment Corporation
- Uptown Large Nonprofit - Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
- Uptown Business - Community Champion, Patricia Milton
- Uptown Small Business - Dubois Book Store
- Uptown Large Business - Uptown Rental Properties
"Today we celebrate our business community by honoring those that engage in the hard work that makes Uptown Cincinnati a highly collaborative place to invest, work and live," said Uptown Consortium President and CEO Beth Robinson. "We salute our innovative and collaborative leaders who know what it means to be a part of Uptown and who make our region stronger."
Awards were given based on a strong commitment to community, meeting the organization's mission and demonstrating a sustainable business practice.
The event was held at the Kingsgate Marriott Conference Center in Corryville.
For more information on Uptown Consortium, follow Uptown Consortium President and CEO Beth Robinson on Twitter (@BethUptown).