Woman robbed, beaten in her backyard - Cincinnati News, Weather, Sports from FOX19 NOW-WXIX

Woman robbed, beaten in her backyard

Kim Bear Kim Bear
Dwight Mitchell Dwight Mitchell
Perro Nikolovski Perro Nikolovski

LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) - A woman is happy to be alive after a violent attack in her own back yard.

"My face, my neck, I mean I'm bruised everywhere. If they weren't hitting me with the pistol they were kicking me," said beating victim Kim Bear.

An attack that reportedly started as Bear built a safety fence to keep her 14-year-old Lab mix, named Bear, in her yard and other animals out. She said her neighbor's dogs kept coming over which led to a confrontation Saturday afternoon.

"He came over and confronted me and got in my yard and next thing I know I was getting hit in the back of the head with a gun by somebody else and they are passing the gun back and forth beating on me," Bear said.

Her roommate came rushing to help.

"When I came out of the house there were two perpetrators on Kim. When I got up to were they were, one of them had already run off and the other ran up through the grass right there where that gold building is," roommate Kathy McKay said.

McKay then called for police while also helping her roommate get to safety.

"She had been struck several times by an individual who assaulted her very severely and also allegedly robbed her," said Louisville Metro Police Department Spokesperson Dwight Mitchell.

Beaten, left for dead and robbed of her rent money.

"$370 and my cell phone and my pain medicine," Bear said.

Her left eye is swollen shut, her entire face swollen. She has open wounds in her head and lost some teeth.

"They knocked out seven teeth on the bottom, three on top. They wanted to put staples in my head at the hospital," Bear said.

Officers were able to catch Perro Nikolovski, 19, and charged him with robbery and assault in the attack that's left Kim in a lot of pain.

"It hurts," she said.

Police are looking into the reports of a second person involved in that beating, along with the rent money and cell phone she lost.

Bear is out even more money; she said she has no insurance and must pay for the ambulance and hospital stay.

Copyright 2013 WAVE News. All rights reserved.

Investigators finally get look at materials from Cohen raid

Sunday, May 20 2018 8:51 AM EDT2018-05-20 12:51:41 GMT
    Monday, May 21 2018 9:07 AM EDT2018-05-21 13:07:04 GMT
    Criminal investigators are finally getting to study materials seized in raids on the home and office of President Donald Trump's personal lawyer.Full Story >

Survivors of Texas massacre confront 'spiritual war zone'

Monday, May 21 2018 12:52 AM EDT2018-05-21 04:52:04 GMT
    Monday, May 21 2018 9:07 AM EDT2018-05-21 13:07:00 GMT
    (Elizabeth Conley/Houston Chronicle via AP). A billboard is seen off of I-45 near Santa Fe, Texas, where a student shot and killed eight classmates and two teachers at Santa Fe High School.(Elizabeth Conley/Houston Chronicle via AP). A billboard is seen off of I-45 near Santa Fe, Texas, where a student shot and killed eight classmates and two teachers at Santa Fe High School.

The shooting suspect, 17-year-old Dimitrios Pagourtzis, has been jailed on capital murder charges.

Hawaii lava evacuees grow weary as uncertainty drags on

Sunday, May 20 2018 2:33 PM EDT2018-05-20 18:33:51 GMT
    Monday, May 21 2018 9:06 AM EDT2018-05-21 13:06:43 GMT
    (AP Photo/Jae C. Hong). Lava flows toward the ocean near Pahoa, Hawaii Saturday, May 19, 2018. Two fissures that opened up in a rural Hawaii community have merged to produce faster and more fluid lava. Scientists say the characteristics of lava oozing ...(AP Photo/Jae C. Hong). Lava flows toward the ocean near Pahoa, Hawaii Saturday, May 19, 2018. Two fissures that opened up in a rural Hawaii community have merged to produce faster and more fluid lava. Scientists say the characteristics of lava oozing ...
    Hawaii residents forced to evacuate their homes because of lava oozing from cracks in their neighborhoods are growing weary.Full Story >