CINCINNATI, OH (FOX19) - The Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County is holding a Fine Amnesty Day on Wednesday, May 15.
During Fine Amnesty Day, outstanding fines will be removed from library cards. The fines may be the result of items returned prior to or on May 15.
How to participate:
- Stop by the Main Library or any of its branches during regular service hours.
- Call 513-369-6900 between 9 a.m. and 9 p.m.
- Send an email asking that your fines be removed at www.cincinnatilibrary.org/contact.aspx
- Use our "Text a Librarian" service at www.cincinnatilibrary.org/services/textalibrarian.html
- Use the online form (available May 15) at www.cincinnatilibrary.org/amnestyday to notify us that you have outstanding fines on your library card that should be considered for removal.
What will not be included:
- Fines on items that are still checked out. The items on your card must be returned in order for the fines to be cleared.
- Fines paid before May 15 will not be refunded.
"Fine Amnesty Day is just one small way to thank our community for the use and support that resulted in this national recognition," said Kimber L. Fender, the Eva Jane Romaine Coombe Director of the Library. "Without our supportive community and wonderful staff our Library would not be the tremendous community asset it is. This award belongs to all of us. Thank you."
On May 8 the Public Library received a National Medal for Library Service from the Institute for Museum and Library Service. This award is the nation's highest honor recognizing museums and libraries for their service to the community.