Grease fire damages Clifton apartment on Vine Street - Cincinnati News, FOX19-WXIX TV

Grease fire damages Clifton apartment

Posted: Updated:
CLIFTON, OH (FOX19) -

A grease fire damaged an apartment in Clifton on Tuesday afternoon.

The one-alarm fire broke out in the 3500 block of Vine Street around 5:30 p.m.

Initial arriving fire units reported a working kitchen fire on the second floor.  All residents had evacuated prior to fire department arrival.  An aggressive interior attack extinguished the fire in less than 10 minutes.

The resident was heating up grease when the fire started.  She made an attempt to smother the fire, but was unsuccessful.

Due to the quick response and knock down of the fire, damage is estimated at $2000.

Copyright 2013 WXIX. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow