Pre heat oven 350
To prepare Schwenkbraten
1) Make marinade; whisk all ingredients together in container large enough to hold pork. Place pork in and marinade overnight, refrigerated.
2) Remove pork from marinade and lightly dry off accesses marinade. Place oven proof skillet large enough to hold pork steak on stove over medium high heat. Add butter, when butter is melted add pork steak. Brown on one side then turn over and brown other side. ( you are just browning meat at this point not cooking it all the way through, searing in the juices
3) Place pan with meat in 350* oven for 15 minutes
4) Remove pan from oven and meat from pan and set on plate covered to keep warm. Pour juices that are in the pan in a container for later use. Return skillet to stove over medium high heat and add Herb Butter. When hot add sliced onions and cook until caramelized, stirring while cooking to keep from burning. Once caramelized, add white wine and reduce until liquid is almost gone
5) To plate place pork steak on plate, top with caramelized onion. Serve with home fries and cauliflower gratin