Company behind 'Sugar Daddy' billboard may expand in Ala. - Cincinnati News, Weather, Sports from FOX19 NOW-WXIX

Company behind 'Sugar Daddy' billboard may expand in Ala.

The company behind this billboard says they have no plans to take it down, and may actually expand in Alabama. Source: WBRC video The company behind this billboard says they have no plans to take it down, and may actually expand in Alabama. Source: WBRC video
BIRMINGHAM, AL (WBRC) -

The Jefferson County Commission asked a controversial billboard in Birmingham to come down on Thursday, but a company spokesman said they are considering expanding in Alabama.

Earlier this week, Fox6 reported the sign posted near the Birmingham Shuttlesworth International Airport which is aimed a young female students, asking if they want to make money by dating a "Sugar Daddy."

After the sign went up, ArrangementFinders.com received more than a thousand signups of men and women.

A.J. Perkins with marketing for the company said the average age of the women who have signed up is about 22 years old.

Thursday, the Jefferson County commission passed a resolution asking the company and the owner of the billboard to take down the sign.

"The billboard is inconsistent with the values of most people in Jefferson County hold. I think the one thing the people of this state are concerned with are our children," Jefferson County Commission Presiden David Carrington said.

Carrington said he has now received more than 1,000 emails from people objecting the billboard. Carrington said the county's bankruptcy did not generate so much emails.

Perkins tells Fox6 the company has no plans to take the billboard down and indicated the company may look at expansion in the state.

"Pretty large number for us, especially for that area of the country. We need to be deeper into Alabama, into Birmingham than we originally were," Perkins said.

Carrington said it will be up the general public to generate pressure on the owner of the billboard to remove it.

Copyright 2013 WBRC. All rights reserved.

  • FOX19 HeadlinesMore>>

  • Trump awards Medal of Honor to Navy SEAL in Afghan assault

    Trump awards Medal of Honor to Navy SEAL in Afghan assault

    Thursday, May 24 2018 3:12 PM EDT2018-05-24 19:12:14 GMT
    Friday, May 25 2018 1:25 AM EDT2018-05-25 05:25:35 GMT
    (AP Photo/Susan Walsh). President Donald Trump stands with Master Chief Special Warfare Operator Britt K. Slabinski during a ceremony to award him the Medal of Honor in the East Room of the White House in Washington, Thursday, May 24, 2018. Slabinski o...(AP Photo/Susan Walsh). President Donald Trump stands with Master Chief Special Warfare Operator Britt K. Slabinski during a ceremony to award him the Medal of Honor in the East Room of the White House in Washington, Thursday, May 24, 2018. Slabinski o...
    President Donald Trump has awarded the Medal of Honor to a Navy SEAL who oversaw a daring assault and rescue mission on a snowy Afghanistan mountaintop in 2002.Full Story >
    President Donald Trump has awarded the Medal of Honor to a Navy SEAL who oversaw a daring assault and rescue mission on a snowy Afghanistan mountaintop in 2002.Full Story >
  • Probe: Missile that downed MH17 came from Russia-based unit

    Probe: Missile that downed MH17 came from Russia-based unit

    Thursday, May 24 2018 5:32 AM EDT2018-05-24 09:32:04 GMT
    Friday, May 25 2018 1:25 AM EDT2018-05-25 05:25:11 GMT
    The passenger jet was headed from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, when it was was blown out of the sky over eastern Ukraine on July 17, 2014. All 298 passengers and crew were killed. (Source: CNN)The passenger jet was headed from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, when it was was blown out of the sky over eastern Ukraine on July 17, 2014. All 298 passengers and crew were killed. (Source: CNN)

    An international team of investigators say that detailed analysis of video images has established that the Buk missile that brought down Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 nearly four years ago came from a Russia-based...

    Full Story >

    An international team of investigators say that detailed analysis of video images has established that the Buk missile that brought down Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 nearly four years ago came from a Russia-based military unit.

    Full Story >
  • N. Korea demolishes nuclear test site as journalists watch

    N. Korea demolishes nuclear test site as journalists watch

    Thursday, May 24 2018 6:32 AM EDT2018-05-24 10:32:00 GMT
    Friday, May 25 2018 1:25 AM EDT2018-05-25 05:25:02 GMT
    Journalists took a long journey up to North Korea to witness the destruction of what North Korea said were nuclear sites. (Source: CNN)Journalists took a long journey up to North Korea to witness the destruction of what North Korea said were nuclear sites. (Source: CNN)

    North Korea has carried out what it says is the demolition of its nuclear test site in the presence of foreign journalists.

    Full Story >

    North Korea has carried out what it says is the demolition of its nuclear test site in the presence of foreign journalists.

    Full Story >
Powered by Frankly