CINCINNATI, OH (FOX19) - Cincinnati Police are investigating a burglary over the weekend near the University of Cincinnati.
It happened Sunday morning at a home of three UC students, located in the 300 block of Warner Street.
The suspects reportedly entered the home through an unlocked window on the first floor. Police say some personal property and food items were taken in the offense.
The following are ways nearby residents can help reduce similar crimes:
- Report suspicious persons and loiterers to the police immediately.
- Make sure the exterior of your residence is well lit.
- Install and use a good quality deadbolt locks on all exterior doors.
- Make sure windows are in good condition and locked.
- Utilize a random timer on lights and televisions to give residence appearance of occupancy when you are away.
- Inventory and engrave your valuables, note serial numbers where applicable and store in a safe place.