Discarded cigarette starts blaze, 6 displaced

HAMILTON, OH (FOX19) - Six occupants have been displaced following an overnight apartment fire in Hamilton, Ohio.

The Hamilton Fire Department was called to the 900 block of Campbell Avenue around 3:00 a.m. Saturday morning.

Upon arrival, fire crews reported smoke coming from the first floor of a two-story apartment building. Following an aggressive interior attack, crews were able to  confine the fire to a single room.

No injuries were reported in the incident.

Damage has been estimated at $15,000.

An investigation found that the fire was the result of a discarded cigarette.

Copyright 2013 WXIX. All rights reserved.