(FOX19) - Social media can help you get into the college of your choice. Social Media expert Nikki Means of Project Socialize talks about the role social media plays with students, particularly student athletes.
She lists the benefits and pit-falls of students using social media.
- Connect with coaches and recruiters from colleges and universities.
- Use YouTube to showcase their highlight videos and practice videos.
- 75% of High School students surveyed use Social Media to research colleges and universities prior to application (2013 Social Admissions Report).
- Use for assistance with applying to their college or university (2013 University of Michigan study).
- Posting inappropriate information that can cause college admissions to deny college applications (2013 Kaplan Test Prep Survey).
- Posting inappropriate hindering recruitment opportunities.