If you look at my resume, you'll see reports from far-flung places: Germany, Japan, Honduras. But the most important work I do lies right here at home. This is my community. My son is growing up here. I want Greater Cincinnati to be its best.
That's why I believe in investigative reporting, to expose the wrongs and highlight what's right, to tell the stories you don't see anywhere else.
I also believe in the future generations who will carry on this tradition and continue to make this a better place. Toward that end, I'm proud to teach as an assistant professor in the Electronic Media Division of CCM at the University of Cincinnati. I also have spoken widely nationally and internationally on behalf of freedom of the press, as national president of the Society of Professional Journalists and as an expert on media and ethics.
How did I get here? I grew up in Nashville, Tennessee – and yes, I played guitar and thought I'd be a professional singer one day. My mom convinced me to find a backup plan. (Thanks, Mom.)
So I redirected my writing to journalism, got my bachelor's and master's degrees at Northwestern University's Medill School of Journalism, and then began my "broadcast tour of America," honing my skills in Washington, D.C. (Medill News Service), Virginia (WCYB-TV Bristol), North Carolina (WLOS-TV Asheville) and Florida (WTVT Tampa) before coming to Cincinnati. I knew I was staying when I married a West Sider.
For the past two decades I've worked hard to gain the trust of this community through my reports. I intend to continue to do so, with your help. I depend on viewers like you. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any of your ideas and tips.
Hagit Limor's Achievements:
- Ten Emmy Awards
- Three national Sigma Delta Chi Awards
- National Headliner Award
- National Society of Environmental Journalists Award
- Ohio Citizen Action "Uncovering the Truth Award"
- Ohio Association for Justice "Outstanding Journalism Award"
- Greater Cincinnati Society of Professional Journalist Gerald White Investigative Reporting Award and Camilla Warwick Award for
- Hundreds of Associated Press and Society of Professional Journalists local and state awards
- Golden Lens Award from Mental Health Association
- Former National President of the Society of Professional Journalists, representing 8,000 reporters across the country.
- Current treasurer and former president of Greater Cincinnati Society of Professional Journalists.
- Board Member of Sigma Delta Chi Foundation, a national foundation that funds projects to improve journalism.
- Board Member of Cincinnati Public Radio
- Winner of Bethesda Foundation Community Service Award for extensive volunteer work on the boards of numerous Greater Cincinnati charities and foundations.
- Winner of Scripps Howard Foundation's National Bill Burleigh Award for Distinguished Community Service.
- Lecturer/Public Speaker/Emcee
- Bachelor's and Master's degrees from Northwestern University, Medill School of Journalism, Chicago, IL
If you have a story idea, be sure to email me at email@example.com.