Crews battle grease fire at Cheviot home

CHEVIOT, OH (FOX 19) - Emergency crews were called to a house fire Monday evening in Cheviot.

It happened in the 3800 block of Lovell Avenue around 10 p.m.

Fire officials say it was a grease fire that started in the kitchen. Most of the damage was reported on the first floor of the home.

A fireman from Green Township was taken to a nearby hospital for possible heat exhaustion. No other injuries were reported.

Damage is estimated at $50,000.

Copyright 2013 WXIX. All rights reserved.