Firefighter hospitalized for heat exhaustion after Cheviot fire - Cincinnati News, FOX19-WXIX TV

Cheviot fire destroys family home, hospitalizes firefighter

CHEVIOT, OH (FOX 19) -

A fire in Cheviot has left one family without a home and landed one firefighter in the hospital.

The fire broke out around 10:00 p.m. on Monday night on Lovell Avenue.

Crews say it started as a grease fire in the family's kitchen.  Most of the damage has been reported on the first floor.

A Green Township fireman was taken to the hospital following the blaze. Crews say he was transported for possible heat exhaustion.

Damage to the home has been estimated at $50,000.

Copyright 2013 WXIX. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly