(FOX19) - Green Eggs and Ham!
- 1 egg or about ½ cup of egg substitute
- 1 Tbsp of milk
- ½ cup of course chopped fresh spinach or about ¼ to 1/3 cup of frozen spinach (thawed and most of the water removed)
- 1-2 slices of Canadian bacon
- 1 Tbsp of shredded cheese
- ½ of a whole wheat English muffin or bagel
- Pinch of salt and pepper to taste
Toast the English muffin or the bagel and set aside. Spray a small sauté pan with a little cooking spray and heat to medium. You can heat the Canadian bacon in the pan or in the microwave, set aside. Place spinach in the pan and cook until wilted, only about 1-2 min for fresh and 1 min for frozen. Crack your egg into a bowl, add milk and then mix until combined. Poor egg mixture into the pan with the spinach and stir slowly until egg is cooked. I find scrambled eggs tend to work easier in this application, but you can cook the egg how you and your family like them. Scrambled eggs take about 3-5 minutes; until a soft set has been achieved. Season the eggs as they cook.
I like to assemble it with the warm bacon on the bottom, then cheese and top with the spinach mixture.