Fire on Nansen Street caused by kitchen rag Thursday morning - Cincinnati News, FOX19-WXIX TV

Fire Officials: Kitchen rag causes Cathage house fire

Posted: Updated:
Fire crews were at the scene of a fire on the 100 block of Nansen Street Fire crews were at the scene of a fire on the 100 block of Nansen Street
  • FOX19 HeadlinesMore>>

  • Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76

    Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76

    Sunday, April 20 2014 2:22 PM EDT2014-04-20 18:22:44 GMT
    Former midddleweight boxer Rubin Carter has died. (Source: Flickr) Former midddleweight boxer Rubin Carter has died. (Source: Flickr)
    Rubin "Hurricane" Carter, the boxer whose wrongful murder conviction became an international symbol of racial injustice, has died at 76.Full Story >
    By GREG BEACHAM AP Sports Writer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter, the boxer whose wrongful murder conviction became an international symbol of racial injustice, died Sunday. He was 76.Full Story >
  • FORECAST: Warm Easter Sunday!

    FORECAST: Warm Easter Sunday!

    Sunday, April 20 2014 1:50 PM EDT2014-04-20 17:50:59 GMT
    That big orange "egg" in the sky will shine upon us throughout this Easter Sunday.  Meteorologist Steve Norris says along with the bright sunshine, the mercury will soar into the mid 70s...
    Full Story >
    That big orange "egg" in the sky will shine upon us throughout this Easter Sunday.  Meteorologist Steve Norris says along with the bright sunshine, the mercury will soar into the mid 70s...Full Story >
  • Ukraine, Russia trade blame for shootout in east

    Ukraine, Russia trade blame for shootout in east

    Sunday, April 20 2014 1:03 PM EDT2014-04-20 17:03:52 GMT
    The Ukrainian and Russian governments are reporting a shootout at a checkpoint set up by pro-Russian insurgents in eastern Ukraine that has left one person dead and others hospitalized with gunshot wounds.Full Story >
    Within hours of an Easter morning shootout at a checkpoint manned by pro-Russia insurgents in eastern Ukraine, Russia's Foreign Ministry issued a statement blaming militant Ukrainian nationalists and Russian state...Full Story >
CINCINNATI, OH (FOX19) -

Firefighters combated a fire that resulted in an estimate of $10,000 worth of damage for a one and a half single family home in Cathage early Thursday morning.

The Cincinnati Fire Department responded to a fire that broke out before 4:00 a.m. on Thursday in the 100 block of Nansen Street.

Authorities say that a woman was cleaning a stove with a rag, and threw the rag in a garbage can in a hallway. The rag was not completely extinguished, causing the fire.

No firefighters or civilians were hurt in this incident.

Copyright 2013 WXIX. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow