Woman in Metro plot: 'Do I look like a domestic terrorist?' - Cincinnati News, Weather, Sports from FOX19 NOW-WXIX

Woman in Metro plot: 'Do I look like a domestic terrorist?'

David Brutsche (left) and Devon Newman (Source: LVMPD) David Brutsche (left) and Devon Newman (Source: LVMPD)
LAS VEGAS (FOX5) -

An alleged plot to kidnap, try by jury and execute Las Vegas Metro police officers was foiled by a month-long undercover investigation, according to police.

Two people, both of whom police said are members of the sovereign citizens movement, were arrested Sunday after a months-long investigation.

One of those suspects, Devon Newman, spoke with FOX5 from jail on Thursday, claiming the allegations leveled against her are untrue and she never should have been arrested.

"I have never been arrested in my life," Newman said. "I've never done anything for which I could be arrested."

Newman, 67, is being held in the Clark County Detention Center, along with her alleged accomplice David Brutsche, 42, accused of planning to kidnap and kill at least one police officer.

Newman said the charges she's facing are untrue.

"I never intended to harm or kidnap anyone," she said.

Newman said she met Brutsche while he was accepting donations in exchange for water bottles on the Las Vegas Strip.

While Newman admitted she has issues with the Metropolitan Police Department, she said that rather than kidnap officers, she had planned to record them on video in order to report misconduct.

"I wanted to be able to film these things and turn them in to internal affairs and the [district attorney] so that these people could be brought back under control," she said.

During a news conference on Thursday, investigators said Newman and Brutsche were planning to kidnap officers, hold mock trials and execute them for violating the Constitution.

"Both were charged with conspiracy to commit murder, attempted first-degree kidnapping with use of a weapon and conspiracy to commit kidnapping," Metro's Lt. Jim Seebock said.

Metro said sovereign citizens are regarded as domestic terrorists by the FBI. Newman laughed off the fact that police are painting her as a terrorist.

"Do I look like a domestic terrorist?" she asked.

Newman said no one has discussed her charges with her so far. She also said she has cancer and that officers are ignoring her requests for medication.

"I've asked for my thyroid medicine, which I've not gotten," she said. "I've asked for my cream, which I've not gotten. I've asked for bottled water, which I've not gotten."

Copyright 2013 KVVU (KVVU Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.

Leak crackdown talk yields rare Comey, Trump agreement

Friday, April 20 2018 1:03 AM EDT2018-04-20 05:03:06 GMT
    Friday, April 20 2018 4:14 PM EDT2018-04-20 20:14:45 GMT
    (AP Photo/Susan Walsh). Copies of the memos written by former FBI Director James Comey are photographed in Washington, Thursday, April 19, 2018. President Donald Trump told former FBI Director James Comey that he had serious concerns about the judgment...(AP Photo/Susan Walsh). Copies of the memos written by former FBI Director James Comey are photographed in Washington, Thursday, April 19, 2018. President Donald Trump told former FBI Director James Comey that he had serious concerns about the judgment...

President Donald Trump told former FBI Director James Comey that he had serious concerns about his first national security adviser, Michael Flynn.

Students begin school walkouts on Columbine anniversary

Friday, April 20 2018 12:26 AM EDT2018-04-20 04:26:49 GMT
    Friday, April 20 2018 4:14 PM EDT2018-04-20 20:14:17 GMT
    (AP Photo/Carolyn Kaster, File). FILE - In this March 14, 2018 file photo, young demonstrators hold a rally in front of the White House in Washington. Another wave of school walkouts is expected as students honor victims of gun violence and push for gu...(AP Photo/Carolyn Kaster, File). FILE - In this March 14, 2018 file photo, young demonstrators hold a rally in front of the White House in Washington. Another wave of school walkouts is expected as students honor victims of gun violence and push for gu...

Another wave of school walkouts is expected as students honor victims of gun violence and push for gun control.

1 student injured in Florida school shooting; suspect in custody

Friday, April 20 2018 9:27 AM EDT2018-04-20 13:27:44 GMT
    Friday, April 20 2018 4:08 PM EDT2018-04-20 20:08:42 GMT

One student was injured in a school shooting at Forest High School in Ocala, FL. Police say the shooter is another student.