Crews battle house fire on Conroy Street in Clifton Heights - Cincinnati News, FOX19-WXIX TV

Unattended candle causes Clifton Hts. house fire

Posted: Updated:
CLIFTON HEIGHTS, OH (FOX19) -

Emergency crews were called to a small house fire Friday evening in Clifton Heights.

It was reported in the 500 block of Conroy Street just before 9 p.m. According to fire officials, a neighbor reported seeing flames coming from the roof.

Upon arrival, crews were able to extinguish the fire relatively quickly. However, authorities say the blaze caused $15,000 worth of damage to the building and also $1,500 in damages to the house next door.

It was determined the fire was caused by an unattended candle under a rooftop gondola.

In total, 31 firefighters responded to the scene. No one was injured.

Copyright 2013 WXIX. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow