OVER THE RHINE, OH (FOX19) - City officials say trackwork for the Cincinnati Streetcar will temporarily close a portion of Elm Street next to Washington Park on Tuesday.
Elm Street will be closed from 12th to 14th streets from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. The street has already been reduced to one lane in the area.
All sidewalks and crosswalks will remain open.
Other progress this week includes:
- Demolition and basement backfilling continued at the Maintenance and Operations Facility site (near Henry & Race streets).
- Exploratory digging for utilities started on Race Street by the School for Creative and Performing Arts.
- Traffic control conduit installation continued on Elm Street between 14th and 15th streets. Work started on Race Street near Findlay Street; and on Race Street near 12th Street.
- Water main installation continued near the corner of Central Parkway and Walnut Street. Work began on Walnut Street just south of Central Parkway.
- New sewer installation continued on Elm Street just south of Liberty Street.
- Removal of existing pavement continued on Elm Street next to Washington Park. Work started one block north, on Elm Street between 14th and 15th streets.
- Trackwork continued on Elm Street next to Washington Park.
- Duke Energy conducted gas work on Race Street from Henry to Elder streets.
- Duke also conducted electrical work on 12th Street from Vine to Elm streets.
- Sewer work took place on Elm Street from 12th to 15th streets.
- Cincinnati Bell did work on Walnut Street between 6th and 7th streets.
Get progress updates on the project here.