Apartment building catches fire in the 2600 block of Montana Ave - Cincinnati News, Weather, Sports from FOX19 NOW-WXIX

Fire crews: Unattended food causes Westwood blaze


Fire crews say that unattended food left on a stove is to blame for a Westwood fire causing heavy damage.

Crews were called to an apartment on the 2600 block of Montana Avenue around 11:50 p.m. on Saturday night. Initial reports indicated that 12 people were trapped on the third floor balcony.

Upon arrival, fire companies reported a kitchen fire on the second floor of a three story apartment building. Crews were able to quickly extinguish the blaze.

Damage has been estimated at $10,000. Firefighters say the cause of the fire was determined to be food left unattended on the stove.

No one was injured in the blaze.   

Copyright 2013 WXIX. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly