Elderly man rescued from burning Hamilton home

HAMILTON, OH (FOX19) - Hamilton firefighters were able to rescue an elderly man from a burning home.

Fire crews were called to the 1300 block of Carver Place on Tuesday following reports of a structure fire. Upon arrival, fire crews found a fire at the rear of the house burning in the kitchen.

Crews say they expected someone might have been trapped inside. Firefighters say they heard cries of help from one of the bedrooms. They followed the cries and found an elderly man in the rear window by the window.

Firefighters were able to lift the man out the window to the arms of firefighters outside the home.

He was treated on the scene by Hamilton paramedics and transported to West Chester hospital for smoke inhalation.

Fire crews say that the cause of the fire appears to be due to cooking on the stove.

Damage has been estimated at $20,000.

Copyright 2013 WXIX. All rights reserved.