CORRYVILLE, OH (FOX19) - The University of Cincinnati's Medical Sciences Building was evacuated on Monday afternoon after leaking oil caused light smoke in the building's basement.
Firefighters were called to the building, located in the 200 block of Albert Sabin Way, around 3:30 p.m.
Upon arrival, crews found an unknown vapor in the lower level of the building coming from an unknown source. HAZMAT crews were called to the scene and the building was evacuated.
Investigation revealed that the fire alarm was set off by magnetic machines in the building's basement. Fire crews say that a chiller condenser – a device used to keep the machine's magnets cool – began leaking lubrication oil. The unit was leaking the oil onto a hot motor causing it to smoke.
Authorities say that the building was evacuated and is being ventilated. The building has since re-opened.
No one was injured in the incident.
Copyright 2013 WXIX. All rights reserved.