Faulty electric causes Forest Park fire

FOREST PARK, OH (FOX19) - A neighbor gets a woman out safely after a fire at a Forest Park apartment complex.

Fire crews say that the fire broke out in the 1500 block of Pleasant Run Drive on Monday afternoon.

A woman living in a neighboring apartment says she was asleep at the time of the fire. She says a group of kids began banging on her door, alerting her of the fire

"Thank God for the kids. They made sure they knocked on everybody's door and got everybody out," says Brittany Brown, whose apartment was damaged by the blaze. "At the end, I was so emotional.  I was crying. I was just nervous. After that, I just started passing out dollars to the kids because I felt they did something right."

The cause of the fire has been determined as faulty electric. Damage has been estimated at $5,000.

Copyright 2013 WXIX. All rights reserved.