(FOX19) - SparkPeople came on FOX19 Morning News to demo their delicious slow-cooked chicken salsa, their most popular dish on their website!
SparkPeople will also being hosting a contest for the best slow cooker recipe. First prize winner will receive $10,000!
Below is SparkPeople's recipe:
Ingredients: 2 pounds (32 ounces) chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
Salsa Chicken is easy to make! Put all the ingredients in a slow cooker and let the machine do the work. There are infinite variations, and your family is guaranteed to like each one.
Hours to prepare: 6-8 hours, 15 minutes of active cooking time.
Number of servings: 8
- 1 cup salsa, homemade or purchased
- 1 cup petite diced canned tomatoes (choose low-sodium)
- 2 tablespoons Taco Seasoning
- 1 cup onions, diced fine
- 1/2 cup celery diced fine
- 1/2 cup carrots, shredded
- 3 tablespoons sour cream, reduced fat