A water main break led to a gas leak Friday evening in Addyston that caused nearby homes to be evacuated.
It happened at Sekitan Avenue and Church Street around 5 p.m. Construction on a broken water main led to an accidental snag of a gas line, which caused the leak.
Crews were able to cap off the gas line. A total of five homes were evacuated as a precaution.
Authorities said two homes remained without water.
Copyright 2013 WXIX. All rights reserved.
It's another reminder of the power of the ocean, and its potential danger for beachgoers.