(FOX19) - The Cheesecake Factory's Butter Bean and Bacon soup is full of hearty ingredients and well-balanced flavors, which make it a delicious option to enjoy this fall!
Butter Bean & Bacon soup recipe:
- 1/4 lb. Smoked Bacon, small diced
- 1/2 cup Yellow Onions, small diced
- 1/2 cup Celery, small diced
- 1/2 cup Carrots, small diced
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher Salt
- Pinch Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 cup Roma Tomatoes, small diced
- 1 tsp. Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 qts. Chicken Stock
- 1 cup Beef Stock
- 1/2 tsp Tabasco Sauce
- 1 ea. Bay Leaf
- 1/4 tsp. Fresh Sage, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. Fresh Thyme, finely chopped
- 1 cup Fresh Kale, hand-torn into small 1/2" pieces
- 2 lbs. Butter Beans*, cooked
- 1 cup Croutons*, chopped into1/4" pieces for garnish
- Place the bacon into a large sauce pot set over medium high heat. Cook the bacon for approximately 3 minutes or until it becomes crispy. Stir the bacon occasionally while it is cooking to prevent burning.
- Add the onions, celery and carrots into the pot. Stir the vegetables together and season with salt and pepper. Continue to cook for approximately 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender and have become lightly caramelized.
- Add the tomatoes and garlic into the pot. Gently stir the vegetables together and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Pour the chicken stock, beef stock and Tabasco sauce into the pot. Stir the ingredients together and allow the liquids to come to a boil. Once the liquids have come to a boil, lower the temperature to a slow simmer and continue to cook for another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the bay leaf, sage, thyme, kale and butter beans into the pot. Stir the ingredients together and continue to cook at a low simmer for another 8 to 10 minutes or until the beans are heated through and the kale is tender.