Former ISP trooper found guilty in armed burglary case - Cincinnati News, Weather, Sports from FOX19 NOW-WXIX

Former ISP trooper found guilty in armed burglary case

Raymond Hunt  (Source: Harrison County Jail) Raymond Hunt (Source: Harrison County Jail)

CORYDON, IN (WAVE) – A former Indiana State Police trooper was found guilty of six charges after deputies said he broke into a southern Indiana home while armed.

Around 9:45 p.m. Thursday a jury found Raymond Hunt guilty on charges of burglary, criminal recklessness, criminal confinement, residential entry, pointing a firearm and operating a vehicle while intoxicated after deputies responded to a home invasion in the 4200 block of Whiskey Run Road in October 2012.

[PREVIOUS STORY: Former ISP trooper arrested in home burglary]

The caller who reported the break-in said a man had fired a gun and come inside the house. Arriving officers found Hunt inside the home and said he was being belligerent, making no sense and talking out of his head.

Hunts trial began on November 19, 2013.

Hunt was hired as a trooper in July 2007 and resigned from the department on October 5, 2012. His duty assignment had been with the Indianapolis post.

Hunt is facing up to 31 years in prison. He is scheduled to be sentenced December 13.

Copyright 2013 WAVE 3 News. All rights reserved.

  • FOX19 HeadlinesMore>>

  • Police search for man wanted in 2 child rape cases

    Police search for man wanted in 2 child rape cases

    Thursday, April 19 2018 1:37 PM EDT2018-04-19 17:37:02 GMT
    Walter Perez-Vazquez (Cincinnati Police Department)Walter Perez-Vazquez (Cincinnati Police Department)
    Walter Perez-Vazquez (Cincinnati Police Department)Walter Perez-Vazquez (Cincinnati Police Department)

    Police are searching for a 19-year-old who is wanted for the rape of two victims under the age of 13.

    Full Story >

    Police are searching for a 19-year-old who is wanted for the rape of two victims under the age of 13.

    Full Story >
  • Minnesota prosecutor won't file charges in Prince's death

    Minnesota prosecutor won't file charges in Prince's death

    Thursday, April 19 2018 12:42 AM EDT2018-04-19 04:42:26 GMT
    Thursday, April 19 2018 1:36 PM EDT2018-04-19 17:36:47 GMT
    (AP Photo/Chris O'Meara, File). FILE - In this Feb. 4, 2007 file photo, Prince performs during halftime of the Super Bowl XLI football game in Miami. Minnesota prosecutors are planning an announcement Thursday, April 19, 2018, in their two-year investi...(AP Photo/Chris O'Meara, File). FILE - In this Feb. 4, 2007 file photo, Prince performs during halftime of the Super Bowl XLI football game in Miami. Minnesota prosecutors are planning an announcement Thursday, April 19, 2018, in their two-year investi...

    A two-year probe into the overdose death of music superstar Prince is reaching a critical stage as a county prosecutor reveals whether criminal charges will be filed.

    Full Story >

    A two-year probe into the overdose death of music superstar Prince is reaching a critical stage as a county prosecutor reveals whether criminal charges will be filed.

    Full Story >
  • Trump leaves open possibility of bailing on meeting with Kim

    Trump leaves open possibility of bailing on meeting with Kim

    Thursday, April 19 2018 12:52 AM EDT2018-04-19 04:52:34 GMT
    Thursday, April 19 2018 1:35 PM EDT2018-04-19 17:35:10 GMT
    (AP Photo/Pablo Martinez Monsivais). President Donald Trump speaks to members of the media during a working lunch with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, at Trump's private Mar-a-Lago club, Wednesday, April 18, 2018, in Palm Beach, Fla.(AP Photo/Pablo Martinez Monsivais). President Donald Trump speaks to members of the media during a working lunch with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, at Trump's private Mar-a-Lago club, Wednesday, April 18, 2018, in Palm Beach, Fla.

    "If I think that if it's a meeting that is not going to be fruitful we're not going to go. If the meeting when I'm there is not fruitful I will respectfully leave the meeting," Trump told a news conference.

    Full Story >

    "If I think that if it's a meeting that is not going to be fruitful we're not going to go. If the meeting when I'm there is not fruitful I will respectfully leave the meeting," Trump told a news conference.

    Full Story >
Powered by Frankly