Crews battling house fire in Fairfield Twp.

FAIRFIELD TOWNSHIP, OH (FOX19) - Crews are currently battling a house fire in Fairfield Twp.

The fire broke out just after 5:00 a.m. in the 2000 block of Fairfax Avenue. No injuries have been reported. Police say everyone got out of the house safely.

The fire crew believe that a wood burning stove caused the fire, damaging the attic.

Crews say there was $10,000 in damages and the Red Cross has been brought in to help the residents.

Fire chief tells FOX19 the chimney has not been cleaned for a while and there were no batteries in the smoke detector.

FOX19 is at the scene and will continue to update the story as more information becomes available.

Copyright 2013 WXIX. All rights reserved.