(FOX19) - Turner Farms stopped by FOX19 Morning News to demo some delicious Thanksgiving recipes for the holiday season.
See the recipe (original recipe from Anne Burrell) for Sausage Cornbread Stuffing below.
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, small dice
- 3 ribs celery, small dice
- Kosher salt
- 1 lb. spicy sausage, casing removed, broken into bite-sized chunks
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed and finely diced
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 10 sage leaves, finely chopped
- 10 cups stale cornbread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups dried cranberries
- 3 to 4 cups chicken stock
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coat a large saute pan with olive oil, add the onions and celery and saute over to medium heat. Season with salt and cook until the vegetables start to become soft and are very aromatic. Add the sausage and cook until the sausage begins to brown. Stir in the garlic and saute for another 1 to 2 minutes. Add the walnuts, sage and rosemary and cook for another minute, then remove from heat.
- In a large bowl mix together the cornbread, cranberries, and the sausage mixture. Add chicken stock and knead with your hands until the bread is very moist, actually wet. Taste to check for seasoning and season with salt, if needed and transfer to an ovenproof dish.
- Bake the stuffing until it is hot all the way through and is crusty on top, about 30 to 35 minutes.