(FOX19) - Turner Farms stopped by FOX19 Morning News to demo some delicious Thanksgiving recipes for the holiday season.
See the recipe (original recipe from Aida Mollenkamp) for Quick-Braised Greens with Bacon and Sweet Onions below.
- 1 1/2 pounds collard greens, washed, trimmed, and roughly chopped
- 4 ounces bacon, sliced crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup minced sweet onions
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil. When water boils, add greens and cook until wilted and tender, about 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Place bacon in a large frying pan and cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until browned and fat is rendered, about 3 minutes.
- Add onion and cook until softened, about 4 minutes. Add greens and turn to coat well.
- Add broth - it should cover greens and let cook until broth is reduced and greens are very tender, about 15 minutes. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and serve.