Two people injured, dog deceased in Anderson Twp fire

ANDERSON TOWNSHIP, OH (FOX19) - A fire was reported in an Anderson Township home Thursday evening around 8 p.m. on Queensway Lane.

Authorities say the fire started in the home's living room and caused a significant amount of heavy smoke.

Two people are being treated for smoke inhalation and burns. One of them, a 17-year-old boy, was taken to Children's Hospital and the other adult is at University Hospital. A dog in the home has died from issues related to the fire.

Heavy black smoke caused zero visibility when crews entered the home. Battalion Chief Fred Buop said the cold weather conditions and ice made the fire especially difficult to put out.

Copyright 2013 WXIX. All rights reserved.