The Glendalia, located at 11 Village Square in Glendale, offers cooking classes with a fine dining twist. To take a class, visit www.theglendalia.com or call 513-376-9645.
See the recipe below and enjoy!
- (1) 1/4 lb. rigatoni
- kosher salt
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lb. spicy bulk Italian sausage
- 1/2 lb. sweet bulk Italian sausage
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed and minced
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- 3/4 cup dry red wine
- (1) 1/4 lb. kale, stems removed and chopped into bite size pieces
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8-1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- Grated Pecorino Romano (for garnish)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a rolling boil. Add rigatoni and cook the pasta to al dente.
- Drain and reserve about 1 cup of pasta water.
- While pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil in a large cast iron or stainless steel skillet over medium-high heat.
- Crumble in the sausage, lightly browning it. Add the garlic and onion and cook until tender, fix to six minutes.
- Add the cranberry sauce and wine, stir to combine and then reduce for a minute.
- Add the kale in bunches and stir to wilt down. Add the reserved pasta water and season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Add the pasts to the pan with sausage and kale. Toss well to combine. Serve with grated Pecorino Romano cheese.