Unattended cooking to blame for Florence fire

FLORENCE, KY (FOX19) - Fire crews say that unattended cooking is to blame for a fire Wednesday evening at a Florence apartment.

Firefighters responded to the fire around 5:15 p.m. on Wednesday in the 200 block of Orchard Drive. Crews arriving on the scene found heavy smoke coming from the second floor of the two-story apartment building.

Upon entering the building, firefighters say they were able to quickly extinguish the blaze in the upper level kitchen. Crews say the fire damage was contained to the apartment of origin.

No one was injured in the incident.

The cause of the fire has been determined to be unattended cooking. There has been no damage estimate made.

Copyright 2013 WXIX. All rights reserved.