The Spicy Olive's Holiday Salad:
- 1 package mixed field greens
- 5 oz. feta cheese crumbles
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- seeds from 1 pomegranate
- 1/4 cup The Spicy Olive's Pomegranate Quince balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup The Spicy Olive's Organic Persian Lime olive oil
- Place mixed salad greens in a salad bowl. Top with feta cheese, pine nuts and seeds from pomegranate. Mix together the Pomegranate Quince and Persian Lime olive oil and pour over salad and serve!
Sweet and Spicy Maple Glazed Nut Mix:
Spicy Olive recipe contest winner: submitted by Lisa and Lauren Hope
- 1 cup Pecans
- 1 cup Almonds
- 1 cup Walnuts
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon The Spicy Olive Chipotle olive oil
- 1 teaspoon The Spicy Olive Vermont Maple balsamic
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, chopped
- salt and pepper, 1/8 teaspoon of each
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a bowl, toss all three nuts with brown sugar and maple syrup, The Spicy Olive's Maple balsamic, The Spicy Olive's Chipotle olive oil, rosemary and thyme.
- Spread the nuts on an ungreased, rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until browned.
- Season the nuts with salt and pepper and toss frequently until cooled. The nuts can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
The Spicy Olive Blackberry Ginger Pork Loin Finger Sandwiches:
- 1 cup The Spicy Olive's Blackberry Ginger balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup The Spicy Olive's Garlic olive oil
- 2 pork tenderloins
- Place tenderloins in a zip lock bag and add the balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
- Marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight. Grill or bake in 350° oven until internal temperature of 165° is reached.
- Allow to rest and then slice in thin slices.
- Place 1 piece of tenderloin on a mini slider bun with a drizzle of reduced Blackberry Ginger balsamic. A delicious appetizer!