(FOX19) - No Nuts Moms Group of Northern KY stopped FOX19 Morning News to discuss food allergies this holiday season.
For some people, an allergic reaction to a certain food can be frightening and sometimes even life threatening. No Nuts Moms Group is an online support group that hosts allergy free events for kids.
No Nuts Moms shared the following symptoms of an allergic reaction:
- Mouth: swelling of the tongue and/or lips, itchy mouth and blue-tinged lips
- Throat: Trouble breathing/swallowing/speaking, tightness or hoarseness
- Lungs: Repetitive cough, shortness of breath and wheezing
- Heart: Faintness, weak pulse, dizziness, confusion and paleness
- Skin: Hives, itchy rash, swelling and flushing
- Gut: Vomiting, diarrhea and crampy pain
- Other: sense of impending doom or loss of consciousness
If you observe signs of an allergic reaction, Not Nuts Moms Group urges you to get help immediately. If you suspect anaphylaxis, administer prescribed epinephrine and call 911.
For more information on No Nuts Moms Group of Northern KY, visit their website.