Jewish volunteers today will run social, cultural and recreational activities to enrich the lives of residents at Cedar Village Retirement Community in Mason.
Potential bone marrow donors will have their mouths swabbed so they can be included in a bone marrow donor database.
Cedar Village will be busy all day including bingo, book club discussion, an art projects, a movie screening and a concert. More than 150 volunteers are expected.
The festivities run until 6:30 p.m.
• Bone marrow donor registry, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Bingo, 11 a.m.
• Concert by Dialogue, a trio originally from Russia, 2 p.m.
• Art project to cheer up 8-year-old Gabby Bowling, who has cancer, 10:30 a.m.-noon
• Book discussion about "The First Phone Call from Heaven," 3 p.m.
• Movie screening of "Hava Nagila," 6:30 p.m.
Cedar Village Retirement Community is located at 5467 Cedar Village Drive, near Mason-Montgomery Road in Mason.
At Cedar Village, Dec. 25 is called Mitzvah Day. "Mitzvah" is a Hebrew word meaning "good deed." Cedar Village is affiliated with the Jewish community of Greater Cincinnati.
Copyright 2013 WXIX. All rights reserved.